Test worked but correct signal no in recording

Need help with your receiver? Have a completed receiver to share? Post it here.
nicolerenee0922

Test worked but correct signal no in recording

Postby nicolerenee0922 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 am

I ran the initial test with the app and got the message "Testing Completed". But when I record the signal, and test the recording, I get "Test Failed - The recording did not contain the correct signal we needed." I am now trying this after midnight so I should be receiving the signal. I have checked everything over and over and all components are correctly installed. Another thread said that the app was not a good place to test the receiver. Unfortunately, I have an iPhone and the app just came out. I did not receive the initial message for the beta test so have not had time to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Anyone else having a similar problem? Time is very short.

nicolerenee0922

Re: Test worked but correct signal no in recording

Postby nicolerenee0922 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:59 am

Also, I tested the voltage on the rails on both sides of the board and get 12 V with the switches on.

nicolerenee0922

Postby nicolerenee0922 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 am

I checked everything suggested in a previous answer:

1. Did you align your antenna? YES
2. Is is after dark where you are? Can you expect to detect WWVB right now? YES
3. Are you near any potential electromagnetic noise sources, like high-power switches, auto starters, ethernet cables, plasma TVs...? NO
4. Is your circuit powered on and are your batteries charged? YES
5. It's possible the signal strength coming out of the frequency doubler is too low - in that case, try turning up the volume on your phone. TRIED

I am still not receiving any signal.

nicolerenee0922

Postby nicolerenee0922 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 am

Two pictures of my receiver are attached.
Attachments
IMG_5140.JPG
IMG_5140.JPG (220.61 KiB) Viewed 10117 times
IMG_5140.JPG
IMG_5140.JPG (220.61 KiB) Viewed 10117 times

pcw

Postby pcw » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 am

I am having the very same problem, so I have no advice but I do have a question: What is that antenna wire leading the the lower right corner on the negative rail? I don't see that on the specs and am wondering if I missed something.

peterp

Postby peterp » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:19 am

same here in NJ...tried last night (2AM) but no WWVB...just a spectrum peak at around 6 KHz (roughly a third of where it should be on the app's display).

erk71

Postby erk71 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 am

Late in the game, but do you have an 'atomic' clock? Some of them have a feature that gives an audible signal when they successfully receive the WWVB frequency. You could put it near your receiver setup, as a secondary test.

Does the upload option work with a 'failed' recording result? The instructions say to do the recordings and send them, regardless of the apparent quality.

Good luck!

nicolerenee0922

Postby nicolerenee0922 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 am

Well, I have tested every capacitor and resistor and the all have the right values. I have tested every connection and the continuity in the TRRS jack. The batteries are fully charged and the antenna is properly configured and connected. I will go ahead and record but I don't think it is working. The only thing left is a bad chip and I obviously don't have time to test and/or replace them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

sue

Postby sue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 pm

I have the same problem plus could not get into this tech discussion board.

I just re-registered with a different email right now.
The only thing different was I registered on this page rather than the main page.
When I registered there, I could log into the site but on this page it asked me to log in again,
and when I did, it said invalid user name. It was very frustrating and I am posting this in case other people are trying to get on.

I was and am surprised how few people were on especially right before the eclipse.

I am happy I can reply to you.

It was helpful to read.
Thank you for posting.

Return to “Tech Discussions”